!!! since 27 sept 2009, contact e-mail pesoft @ sky . fr
is not working anymore, change it to tinyresmeter @ pesoft . com
TinyResMeter is a small tool that displays useful
information about system resources in real time, but it also gives
much more detail when you right-click on the displayed fields !
BONUS built-in function that redirects the original
PrintScreen key and makes it save screenshots into .BMP files with
automatic file renaming. Press PrintScreen as many times as you
want, and you'll get instant screenshot files you can work on later...
The use of KOL
Delphi library and direct API programming permitted cery small code
Why TinyResMeter ?
- It is not the prettiest Resource Monitor.
- It is not the most complete.
- It has no wonderful and amazing graphical interface.
- It has no installer.
- It is written 90% at pure API level to keep it as small as possible.
- It does not require any extra non standard DLL.
- It does not modify/write inside the Registry (except if you set
it to autorun).
- It uses less memory and resources than most tools of its kind.
- It uses a very simple but efficient small display interface.
- It does not use any installer that could increase EXE size; once
downloaded you can use it immediately.
- It can be simply copied and executed on any machine with no need
for an installation procedure.
- It use very small screen space.
- It's perfect tool for low-end computer or NetBooks !
here to send a comment or report an error.
Subscribe to newsletter ! ... why subscribe
Subscribing to the newsletter is the only way we can
know you like TinyResMeter and want it to be improved. The more
people subscribe, the more effort will be put into improving it.
Because of some abuses, temporary/trashable e-mail
accounts/domains are not allowed, if you use one, the subscription
may be rejected.
If you do not receive subscription confirmation's
e-mail within minutes : Hotmail users, for unknown reason,
hotmail may never deliver the confirmation mail or move it into
junk folder, some other mail domains like Gmail may move confirmation
into spam folder.
Do you like TinyResMeter ?
Help this project with a small donation !
(registered users only)
0.98.0.4 under developement version for testing
(possible anti-virus false positive)
(registered users only)
Average per day :
Counters reset Oct 3 2007, old total ~ 80.000
Some Anti-Virus may show a false positive about "possible" malware based on TinyResMeter's behavior, but those guys should know that a resource meter may have to go deeper into system and processes to get resources informations, I try to submit false positive report but I have to do it for each release to 5 or 6 different AV, this take time and they don't always react and fix the problem fast and sometime an AV will show an alert only based on "reputation" so it will follow the other AV like a sheep without real analysis ! :-(
Since Windows Vista TRM must be "Run
as Administrator" or some fields will
not work. If User Access Control is activated
you can auto start TRM with a task schedule
on user's logon.
Notes about 0.96a : To
save settings you must manually Quit and
Notes about 0.97 : If
some settings seem to have no effect, you
may have to restart TRM using "Restart TinyResMeter"
option menu in Tray Icon. Multiple window
new feature does not work correctly yet.
0.98 Roadmap (updated 20 january 2010)
- Support for multi-monitor.
- Sound Volume field that show percent value for both main speakers output and sound wave. Done
- TrayIcon menu to activate/deactivate PrintScreen-to-file redirection
and to set its destination folder. Done
- Tray Icon menu option to list opened files (and which process is actually using it). Done
- New Recent Kills tray icon menu option that remind the last 10 killed processes so you can re-kill them easy. Done
- New AutoWidth option for horizontal display that make field as thin as possible without useless space. Done
- New Hide Label option that works good with AutoWidth to make fields thinner, for example do RAM and CPU fields really need "RAM:" and "CPU:" labels ? I don't think so... Done
- New TopHandles field with option "show only if handles count>xxx". Done
- New DateTimeMask field that show Date and Time in customized format using special control character (including the week number !), example : "(ww) ddd dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm" will show "(04) fri. 23/01/2009 11:00". Done
- StopWatch timer field. Done
- Hint over TRM TrayIcon to avoid it not be moved into "non used icons" under XP/Vista. Done
- TopMEM field show total RAM+Virtual of separated values. Done
- Many options to Battery field (play or run file when power online/offline, show time since power is offline...). Done
- Tray Icon menu to fast open PrintScreen redirection folder. Done
- Tray Icon menu to fast manage running processes (kill, restart, change priority, open source folder...). Done
- Tray Icon menu to fast manage opened windows (list all windows opened by each running process, and get their class name, title, position, and change show/hide state). Done
- Tray Icon menu to fast manage Services (start and stop, change startup type...). Done
- Tray Icon menu that list opened TCP or UDP ports with application owner's name and a "Force close TCP connection" option. Done
- Countdown timer field. Pending
- File and Directory size monitor field. Pending
- External Data grabber to retrieve/extract/filter data from text files or web page, very usefull to follow foreign datas, statitics, machine status, stock quotes, temperatures... Pending
- "Open INI File" in TrayIcon menu to open settings file as it may be stored in a more complicated %appdata% path.
- Tray Icon menu to fast manage auto started applications (disable/remove). Pending
- Disk drive temperature field (S.M.A.R.T compatible disk drives only). Pending
- "Eject drive" menu option when you right click on removable disc space field. Pending
- CPUUsage field now support mutiple CORE/CPU with iption to hide the total CPU% and show only each core/cpu. Done
- To gain screen space for disk usage fields, Rem(ovable), CD, Net(work) drive type labels added after the drive's letter are now replaced with R C N letters so Disk Space field can be only 60 pixels wide. Done
- First TinyResMeter startup (or when you use "Restart with default") ask for the place you want .ini settings file to be stored (same place as TinyResMeter.exe, My Documents, UserAppData or CommonAppData folder). Done
- CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+X shortkey now bring all windows in front, not only window 1. Done
- CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+X keep focus on your front application. Done
- Double-click on DiskSpace fields in horizontal window to explore the disk. Done
- PrintScreen-to-File "Destination folder" button in general settings. Done
- Font change only affect Window 1, you had to restart TRM to see changes on other windows. Done
- "Click through" to work with all windows. Done
- Avoid "Could not open TinyResMeter AutoRun Registry Key !" startup error on fresh Win9x installation that may have no existing autorun "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" registry key. Done
- RAM field now display correct value if you have >2GB memory. Done
- Horizontal display.
- TopCPU/TopMem/TopDisk usage to show which application overload your
- Easier setup interface.
- External fields for programmers (up to 10 personnal fields can receive
data from other programs thru WM_COPYDATA messages).
- Can show up to 6 separate windows to better arrange fields on screen.
- Transparent click (each window can be transparent to mouse click
that will click application that is behind TinyResMeter window).
- Select which network interface you want in NetSpeed field(s).
- Custom destination folder for screenshoot feature.
- Fix : Settings are saved automatically no more need to manually quit/restart TRM.
- Fix a bug with CPU usage that seems to not work on latest Windows XP
- Each field can also be hidden directly from its context menu.
- Each context menu can now copy displayed informations to clipboard.
- OS Version field now also show minor and build bersion numbers, and
context menu shows service pack.
- Improved a bit the context menu display style.
- Fixed Transparency setup that did not reflect value change until you
set tranparency off/on or restart TinyResMeter.
- Fixed bug in Process and Threads counter under 2K/XP that may show bigger
number than real.
- Fixed crash when ScreenShot is active and ALT+PrintScreen used on TinyResMeter
- Improved context menu for Disk Usage fields : now show Serial Number,
Volume and File System Name.
- Fixed too sensible autoresize board that make board width change ofently.
- Fixed Refresh board display that may sometimes no redraw completly.
- Improved auto-hide management so hidding and showing are a bit more
- Processes and Threads fields are now available under Win9x.
- You can now exclude some drive's letters from showed list.
- Added "Windows" counter field.
- Added "Semaphores" field.
- Added "Sections" field.
- Added "Events" field.
- Added "Mutex" field.
- Added context menu to "Threads" fiels : show thread count
owned by each process (not for Win9x).
- Added context menu to "Windows" field : list all windows
with pos/size, visibility status and modification, sorted by processes.
- Added context menu to "Processes" field : list all processes
and you can kill any if needed.
- Added context menu to "UpTime" field : show execution time
duration and CPU time used for each process.
- Added context menu to "IP" field : list all machine's Network
interfaces with MAC, IP, Gateway adresses with optional copy to clipboard.
- Added context menu to "CPU Usage" field : display each process
% CPU usage.
- Added context menu for "RAM" field : show RAM usage for each
Added "Net" speed field to show transfert in/out speed for
each network interface with a context menu giving some more infos.
- Added "TCP" and "UDP" fileds that show opened network
- Added "GDI+USER" usage fields for Win2K/XP with context menu
giving per process usage informations.
- Added "Disk" speed field to show realtime transfert speed
for each physical drive.
- Added "Services" to show actual started/stopped services
and being able to start/stop any of them.
- Added "HostName" field with context menu that list all IP
adresses of the machine.
- Added "Handles" field with context menu that shows per-process
handles count (not for Win9x).
- Added "Date" field.
- Added "IP Address" field.
- Added "Removable Drives" field.
Added Select All and Unselect All options in Fields menu.
- Fixed SwapFile fields under NT/2K/XP.
- Better manage emty board when no display fields are selected.
- No more crash when user double click on empty board that has no displayed
- Some code optimization ... EXE size goes down from 122K to 92K :-)
- Moved "Fields" menu option from TrayBar Icon into main Board context
menu where it's more usefull.
- Added TrayBar Icon.
- Moved old Context menu to Tray Bar Icon.
- Context Menu of TinyResMeter window will now give more info about the
field your are on.
- Fixed font name and size not saved Fixed Window colors not saved.
- Added Auto-Hide option to make TinyResMeter hide when mouse come over
and reappear when mouse leave the hiden window zone.
- Added OS Version info.
- Added running Processes number infos (NT/2K/XP only).
- Added running Threads number info (NT/2K/XP only).
- Added User logon name info.
- Added Time info Added TinyResMeter own resource usage infos Added Fields
sub-menu to show/hide any info you want.
- Changed thousand number separator to simple space to avoid country specific
- Changed % and Mhz CPU info that are now display in two separate lines.
- Window auto-size to largest displayed text.
- Label is now displyed left justified where Value is right justified
for better lisibility.
- Fixed bug in transparency.
- Fixed bug with No Move and Deactivate menu options checking.
- Improved Label of each displayed resource.
- Better setup management (still need some improvements).
- Added Font Name and Size.
- Windows size auto-adapt according to selected font size.
- You can now edit setup file (no GUI yet).
- Fixed Show Net Drives.
- Improved a bit Hint content.
- Colors customization.
- Transparency value.
- Removed URL capture that will be part of an other Tiny tool.
- Bug fix with NT.
- Initial release.